All through the cold weather, we’re been bundled up in bulky clothes and coats. At last summer is upon us and we can enjoy some fashions that let us show off necklaces and bracelets! If you have Irish roots or are searching for great Irish gifts, you might want to check out what’s new in Celtic designs and Irish jewelry. Here are five great new takes on classic Celtic designs.
- Sparkle – Big, bold and beautiful is the key to this trend. Look for jewelry that includes a colorful stone with smaller ones set around it set in gold, white gold or silver.
This is the look that will turn heads at formal and semi-formal events such as fundraiser dinners, concerts and weddings. Using larger than usual gemstones, this is jewelry with a wow factor, and it makes great Irish gifts for the woman in your life.
- Trinity Knots – The trinity knot is hardly new. It shows up in some very ancient designs, but it’s popularity is growing every year. Three has been a special number in Ireland since pre-Christian times, and the trinity knot is rich in symbolism. To some it represents the three phases of a woman’s life – maiden, mother and crone. To others, it stands for the Christian trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Whatever it means to you, you can find it on jewelry ranging from casual to formal in materials from silver to diamonds.
- Bold Colors – Sparkling gemstones are not the only option for strong color in Irish jewelry. Rich, dramatic colors are showing up in all sorts of designs for pendants, rings and earrings. A strong color makes an eye-catching background for an intricate Celtic design and shows the detail well.
This is the perfect time of year to use more color in your wardrobe, and a dash of vibrant green or rich blue in a stunning Celtic design is a beautiful tribute to your heritage.
- Tree of Life – If you’re looking for an Irish symbol based in nature besides the shamrock, the tree of life is a gorgeous, timeless Celtic image that is getting easier to find on Irish gifts.
You can honor Mother Ireland and Mother Nature at the same time with this one, and you’ll see it on pendants ranging from simple silver to dazzling diamonds. It’s an ideal image when paired with a vibrant, colorful background to really make the details pop.
- Hearts – Do you love someone who loves Ireland? Hearts are proving to be a big hit with Irish gifts of jewelry. The world has always loved the Claddagh design of the heart held in two hands with a crown, and the heart is now being seen more and more combined with popular Irish symbols such as the shamrock.
It’s hard to resist updating your jewelry collection with tempting trends such as these, and adding a new piece of jewelry to your wardrobe is an easy way to keep your classic outfits up to date. And if you’re looking for Irish gifts, these are five trends you don’t want to miss.