Is there a man on your Christmas list who warms your heart? We’ve got some presents that are sure to please your Irish dad, husband, boyfriend, bestie or brother. Whether he’s near or far, you can pamper him with a special present this year to keep him warm and cozy through the winter. Ireland has some very chilly weather, so we’ve become experts on keeping toasty warm. Which of these Irish gifts would he love to find under his tree on Christmas morning?
- Aran Sweaters – These intricate knitting patterns have been keeping Irish men warm and well-dressed through long, damp winters for generations. Merino wool is famous for its ability to repel the damp on a misty, drizzly day. Which would suit him better – a traditional neutral cream color sweater or an earthy green?
- Tweed Caps – Our bodies can lose a lot of heat through our heads, so a good hat is a winter essential. The flat, tweed cap is a timeless Irish look for men of any age. You can get them in any color or combination of colors from browns and greys to vibrant green. They even come in a patchwork pattern.
- Handsome Hoodies – Everyone loves a nice, soft, warm hoody, and you can get him one with any type of Irish design. The tree of life is perfect for a man who enjoys nature. Is he a scholarly sort? He might like a Trinity College hoody. Go for a personal option such as his family crest or the flag of his family’s home county or a more general one with some knotwork.
- Throw Blankets – If the man in your life likes to stay warm while he’s chilling out on the sofa, a soft, luxurious merino wool throw blanket is a perfect present to pamper him. These sumptuous Foxford merino wool throws are ideal Irish gifts for the man you love to snuggle up with on a winter night. The soft grey and cream tones go with any color scheme.
- Flasks – What about something to warm him up inside? A flask is a stylish (and easily portable) way to carry his favorite Irish whiskey or other spirit. He can even use it for water. Check out our range of pewter flasks featuring the Claddagh, Celtic knotwork or his coat of arms. If he’s a man on the go looking for an easy to way carry a drink, what about a leather belt with a flask incorporated in the buckle?
Fathers, husbands and brothers can be notoriously difficult to buy Christmas presents for, but the job gets easier when they enjoy Irish gifts. You don’t have to resort to getting him another tie or something impersonal. You can give him a gift that not only keeps him warm but also celebrates who he is and shows off his pride in his heritage. He would enjoy any of these stylish Irish Christmas presents for many winters to come.